Travel to Bangkok, Thailand
Capital of Thailand, the city of Bangkok is full of activities of all kinds. Whether you prefer traditional temples, street food or traditional markets, you will inevitably find your favourite activity in this city. Huge city, very large, you will have to take into account the travel time when you visit. For taxis, be careful to ask to pay by the meter so you don't get ripped off.
Travel to Bangkok - Things to do
Travel to Bangkok - Places to visit
- Grand palace
This palace is a must in Bangkok. Built in 1782, the site houses temples, statues and superb frescoes, as well as offices for the government. Be careful to be able to enter it: covered shoulders and legs are required.
- Wat Phra Kaeo
Within the palace is the temple called Wat Phra Kaeo. This Buddhist temple is one of the most famous and sacred in Thailand, because it houses the emerald Buddha. This jade statue is revered throughout the country, and dressed in gold. The architecture of the temple is typical of the country's temples, all gilded.
- Wat Arun
This temple is an original temple because it is one of the only ones in Bangkok which is not made entirely in gold. White and inlaid with stones, you can go there by boat.
- Wat Pho
Within this temple you will find a huge statue of a lying Buddha, 46m long. Within the temple enclosure, you will find many other small traditional monuments and statues.
- National Museum
Largest museum in the country. Inside the exterior architecture, you will discover hundreds of Buddha statues, traditional costumes and the Buddhaisawan chapel.
Travel to Bangkok - Activities
- A tour on the Klongs The city of Bangkok is crossed by the Chao Phraya River. Take the opportunity to take a boat, go around the city or discover the traditional houses on stilts.
- Chatuchak Market This market is really not to be missed! Every weekend discover one of the largest markets in the country. Furniture, animals, food like souvenirs, you will find everything among the 15,000 stands.
- Thai massage Totally different from the usual massages we know, Thai massage is based on compression points, and stretching movements. Massages can be trained, especially with the What Po massage school.
- Khaosan Road This street is to be used at night, to discover tourism at its best. Very lively, it is full of bars and activities of all kinds.
- Boxing match Thai boxing, or Muay Thai, is more than just sport, it is an integral part of culture and traditions. You can admire one of these fights at Lumpini Stadium or Ratchadamnoen Stadium.
Travel to Bangkok - Where to eat ?
$: Sit and wonder
A very nice little restaurant with a modern decoration, at very competitive prices.
Address: 119 Soi Sukhumvit 57, North Klong Ton, Bangkok
In a small courtyard, a delicious restaurant far from the hustle and bustle and modern buildings of the city.
Address: Charoenkrung 34/22 เจริญกรุง 34, Bangkok
$$$: Scarlett Wine Bar & Restaurant
One of the best rooftop in the city, with an incredible view and french cuisine
Address: Hotel Pullman, Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, 37th Floor, Bangkok
Travel to Bangkok - Where to stay ?
$: Pier 49 Hostel
Address: 3/1 Soi Sukhumvit 49, Kklongton Nua, Wattana, Bangkok
$$: Oneday Hostel Sukhumvit 26
Address: 51 Sukhumvit Soi 26,Khlong Tan, Khlong Toei, Bangkok
$$$: Somerset Ekamai Bangkok
Adsress: 22/1 Ekamai Soi 2, Sukhumvit 63 Rd., Phra Khanong Nua, Wattana, Bangkok